You’ve come across this job offer. You’re hoping it might be your dream job. But what does that even mean? The inane routines of a 9-to-5 world? Mindless conformity? Wasting the best years of your life as a cog in some vast, faceless machine?
At OpinionLab, we believe a dream job is something different—a chance for you to unlock your passion and be that same crazy, inspired person that makes you a party circuit legend, an endlessly entertaining Tweeter, engaged Facebooker, and a writing force to be reckoned with. Your mastery of the social media landscape is only second to your targeted ability to write compelling case studies, informative white papers, fact sheets and ever-changing blog posts. All written in a voice that best represents a powerful brand.
We want you to be that person here. Your title will be Content Coordinator to the masses, but what you’ll really be is part of a team of relentless disruptors, who are thoroughly obsessed with Voice of Customer technology. You’ll be part of one of Chicago’s top 100 digital companies, with a solemn mission to carry the gospel of customer feedback right into the heart of corporate America.
- Write compelling copy for fact sheets, emails, case studies, blog posts, website, social channels and other marketing documents.
- Track and monitor key social media and other marketing metrics, all while taking the lead on reporting these to the team.
- Contribute to strategy, suggest ideas and tactics, and proactively develop recommendations on how to improve marketing processes and efficiencies.
- Work with the Product Manager and Marketing Team to ensure all documentation is up to date with new product launches and any updates.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Business Administration, Journalism or a related field.
- 2-3 years of marketing experience, with some B2B experience preferred.
- Prior writing experience for company blogs, fact sheets, whitepapers or case studies is required.
- Technical writing skills are a must.
- Impeccable communication skills, with an engaging and powerful writing style and a flair for rich language.
- Previous social media marketing experience, especially with an emphasis on reporting.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast paced setting.
- You must be comfortable with change and disruption, and have a Rick Grimes-like ability to blast away dead things (ideas, assumptions, paradigms, creative).
- Commensurate with experience.
- Generous benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurances, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, 401K with employer match, FSA plan
To apply for this job, please send a cover letter detailing your ninja abilities and your most recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.