The OpinionLab backend data team is responsible for creating and maintaining applications and services for processing large amounts of customer feedback data from some of the largest companies in the world. Our ongoing challenge is to transform streams of independent comments into actionable intelligence for our customers in real time. We primarily use Clojure on AWS to build microservices and data pipelines to handle and enrich this data. If you are interested in applying functional programming techniques to help uncover the secrets hidden in our data, we have plenty of work for you.
Our team values teaching each other and continuously improving our skills. We use several agile practices, including (currently) pair programming, code review, retrospectives, continuous integration and testdriven development, to help us be more productive and to ensure reliability of our product. We focus on simplicity as a way to maintain quality and to allow us to quickly deliver features for the business over time.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing platforms and services for scalable data collection, storage, processing and
- Architecture and design of a missioncritical SaaS platform with associated APIs.
- Learning and teaching Clojure to other developers individually and in a study group.
Experience Required – You must:
- Have experience in one or more object oriented and/or functional programming
- Desire to learn Clojure (if you haven’t already)
- Be willing to work in multiple programming languages
- Have experience with Web development or creating Web services
- Have experience automating tests
- Be willing to participate in pair programming (at least some of the time)
- Write well designed, efficient code
- Have experience with source control
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Bonus Points for experience with any/all of the following:
- AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, Route53, Lambda, DynamoDB, …)
- PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- RabbitMQ, 0MQ, or other asynchronous messaging systems
- Contributing to Open Source software projects
- Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include medical, dental, life and disability insurances, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, 401K with employer match, FSA plan